ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING IS A REVOLUTION IN MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY!
At BOHLER Edelstahl we are committed to investing in this promising sector, so have developed a new BOHLER AMPO brand to specifically promote powder for additive manufacturing. We will continue to build on our extensive materials experience and expertise in the field of powder metallurgy.
The facts at a glance:
- Currently 4 AMPO grades: BÖHLER W722 AMPO, BÖHLER N700 AMPO, BÖHLER L718 AMPO & BÖHLER L625 AMPO, with an opportunity to expand the portfolio in the future.
- As the world’s largest special steel producer, BÖHLER Edelstahl leverages metallurgical knowledge and manufacturing options for this new technology.
- Atomisation of BÖHLER standard brands (theoretical selection from 250 steel grades). Customisation of alloys with small scale production plant and metallurgical expertise.
- Powder is produced using the latest atomisation techniques and tested in-house.
- Vacuum induction melting and atomisation under inert gas ensure the highest product quality.
- Depending on the steel grade and customer requirements, raw materials melted under vacuum or re-melted can be used. This ensures the highest quality standards and minimizes undesired impurities.
- Depending on the requirements of the AM process used, we can provide the appropriate particle fractions in a range from 15-150μm.
- Properties such as flowability, particle size distribution, and bulk density are ascertained upon request and included in delivery.